Test intl402/ch12/12.1/12.1.1_18.js problem

Phillips, Addison addison at lab126.com
Thu Aug 16 09:15:40 PDT 2012

> So yes, I think we can change the spec to set the [[hour12]] internal property
> only if the [[hour]] internal property is present after step 28 of
> InitializeDateTimeFormat. That's similar to how [[currency]] depends on
> [[style]] in InitializeNumberFormat.

Looking at the steps involved, you haven't taken account of the time zone offset when you pass step 28, so you can't omit setting the hour internal property, even if you're not going to display the hour field in the resulting format. That is, "2012-08-15T22:00:00Z" wants to display as "August 16, 2012" with a time zone of "Asia/Tokyo". Or did I miss something?

Addison