"var" declarations shadowing properties from Window.prototype

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Sun Aug 12 10:36:08 PDT 2012

On 8/12/12 1:31 PM, Brendan Eich wrote:
> There's still a problem for getter-less attributes including indexedDB, so
> something *still* has to change there!

I'm not sure I follow this.  If indexedDB is on the global as an own
property, what issue remains with it?

> The global needs to be a flat object (only
> implementation-specific magic protos along a chain ending in
> Object.prototype).

The magic from the global scope polluter isn't even impl-specific.

> And we still need to be careful about writability (get-only indexedDB
> point above).

Ah, you meant setter-less above?

Only a problem in strict mode, right?

-Boris