"var" declarations shadowing properties from Window.prototype

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Sun Aug 12 10:33:55 PDT 2012

On 8/12/12 1:27 PM, Brendan Eich wrote:
> IOW, I think your requestAnimationFrame var+object-detection example is
> a good one. No difference in principle from the indexedDB case, and
> possibly only just luck that it has not bitten yet.

True....

> Is there a WebIDL style guide for helping decide when and where to use
> attributes, or avoid them?

Not that I know of (though there are some things that can't be done with
attributes and some that are frowned on; e.g. having attributes that
return a new object each time is not so great).

-Boris