"var" declarations shadowing properties from Window.prototype

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Sun Aug 12 10:02:45 PDT 2012

> 1. If we don't do that auto-forwarding, does Window.prototype still need
> to exist?  What should window.__proto__ be?

That's a good question.  What is it in current UAs?  At least some don't
have a Window at all...

> 2. If Window.prototype still does exist, should it be empty?

EventTarget.prototype wouldn't be empty in any case, so for consistency
if Window.prototype exists it should not be empty.  At least assuming
EventTarget.prototype is on the proto chain at all.

-Boris