"var" declarations shadowing properties from Window.prototype

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Sun Aug 12 09:30:02 PDT 2012

On 8/10/12 8:17 PM, Allen Wirfs-Brock wrote:
> The least painful solution to the immediate FF issue may be to make
> indexedDB an own property of the window object rather than an inherited
> property. Perhaps do that for all variable-like  properties (those that
> down need real get/set logic) of the window object.

indexedDB has a real getter, fwiw: the object is created lazily....

> but isn't widespread use of inherited setters to implement DOM
> properties fairly recent?

No.  Gecko has done it all along, and IE and Opera have certainly done
it for a good long while; I haven't tested going back more than a few years.

-Boris