Hash style comments

Trans transfire at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 16:17:37 PDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 1:03 PM, Rick Waldron <waldron.rick at gmail.com> wrote:

> There are none left.

There are always symbol combinations (`//` is one). Things like `/\`,
`||`, `<>`, `~>` etc.   But maybe it should indicate its time to start
thinking about other ways of doing things instead of adding more
"perlism". I really don'tlike the idea that Javascript is going to ue
`#` for something else since I am do so much coding in Ruby and shell
scripting.

> Prototype-less data structures are nice when you want to avoid the baggage
> that comes with using Object objects ie. "inheriting" everything (methods,
> etc) via the [[Prototype]]

That sort of begs the question. Why would it be a good idea to avoid
the baggage? Is there some huge speed improvement in doing so? It
seems like a very bad idea to use such an object beyond anything but
internal variables. You wouldn't want to use these for properties, it
would be a crippled API, wouldn't it?