strawman for the := operator

Rick Waldron waldron.rick at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 10:29:14 PDT 2012

snip

> Again, I'm with you in the desire to make [[Put]] and
> [[DefineOwnProperty]] semantics clearer while also providing a convenient
> syntax that further promotes the use of defined properties.
>
> This all comes back to needing some form of "Object.extend" that behaves
> the way I explained above. To be clear, I want BOTH := and
>  (not-yet-defined) "object extend"

Specifically, I'd like to see:

Define Properties Operator
http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=strawman:define_properties_operator
Batch Assignment Operator
http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=strawman:batch_assignment_operator (via
dherman)

Maybe the "Batch Assignment Operator" should be renamed "Assign Properties
Operator" to make it uniform and easier to understand its complementary
nature with "Define Properties Operator"

Rick