Terminology: named data properties

Axel Rauschmayer axel at rauschma.de
Mon Aug 6 13:51:45 PDT 2012

>> On es-discuss, I’ve seen the term “data properties” used for named data properties that are not methods.
>>
>> In this light: wouldn’t it be better to rename named data properties to named value properties?
>>
> "value" usually means scalar, whereas "data" is accurately vague.

My understanding:
- Method: a property whose value is a function.
- Data property: a property that is not a method or an accessor (getter, setter). Example: “ES.next classes don’t let you directly create data properties in prototypes”.
- Value: the union of primitive values and objects.

--
Dr. Axel Rauschmayer
axel at rauschma.de

home: rauschma.de