Internationalization: Issues with upgrading to UTS 35 version 21

Phillips, Addison addison at lab126.com
Thu Aug 2 22:33:14 PDT 2012

Yes. That's what I'm objecting to.

BCP 47 allows for implementations to ignore what they don't understand/support. But it allows for implementations to support something that they do understand. I don't want to be forbidden to support something I intend to use. I don't mind not requiring others to support it (e.g. allowing them to ignore it).

Addison