Arrow binding

Kevin Smith khs4473 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 18:02:00 PDT 2012

I wasn't convinced at first but I think the obj.{ ... } extension syntax
provides good utility.  I would strongly suggest not giving it up.  I've
used it in several refactoring examples on this list.

And I still don't see the attraction of "thin arrow".  It provides no
semantic benefit and only very arguable syntactic benefit.  Object literal
methods and arrows eliminate the pain of "function" syntax for pretty much
every place where it is a pain.  The ability to eliminate "return ..." from
method bodies is a very dubious benefit; I believe that in the case of
methods this will make code less readable.

There seems to be a general assumption that "arrows are the new function".
 This comes from CoffeeScript, I suppose, but in my opinion following that
route will neither make the language more readable nor expressive.

kevin