Shepherd.js - Implementing Harmony modules for today's browsers

Xavier CAMBAR xcambar at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 16:11:50 PDT 2012

Russell,
I've worked on this branch during the evening:
https://github.com/xcambar/shepherd-js/tree/20120420_CommentRemoval,
Currently, single line comments must still wrap the module declaration, but
this version offers a good comparison point in regards to the master branch.

Rick,
I've seen this, it is encouraging that Google considers adding support. But
there's a long way to go before a stable release.
By the way, the V8 engine what will come in Node 0.8 has Harmony flags, and
one of them is about modules.

Xavier

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 9:46 PM, Rick Waldron <waldron.rick at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 9:11 AM, Russell Leggett <
> russell.leggett at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> [snip]
>> Support is coming. I look at it this way. Some day relatively soon, ES6
>> modules will be in node. Soon after that they will start showing up in
>> browsers. Over the course of the next year, I bet you'll see module support
>> in at least firefox and chrome.
>>

> In Chrome Canary, with Harmony flag enabled...
>
> module Foo {}
>
> (Foo in this); // true
>
> :)
>
>  But, Foo is still undefined.
>
> Rick
>

>>  If you set your sights on full modules now, you'll have code that
>> doesn't need to be rewritten a year from now. A polyfill will happen, do
>> you want to write it?
>>
>> - Russ
>> [snip]

Xavier CAMBAR