callable objects ?

David Bruant bruant.d at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 08:18:21 PDT 2012

Le 19/04/2012 16:55, Tom Van Cutsem a écrit :
> I still like the idea of distinguishing "private" from "unique" names,
> where "private" = invisible via reflection & proxies and "unique" =
> visible via reflection & proxies (cf. the thread David linked to).
Additionally to this proposal, if the getOwnPropertyNames
non-configurability invariant ("must report all sealed properties") can
be renegociated to not necessarily include unique names, then proxies
can use unique names as private names (and not be forced to disclose
them on Object.getOwnPropertyNames()).

By the way, I'm realizing now that the getOwnPropertyNames trap does
string coercion on elements of the array returned by the trap. How will
this work with private names? Hopefully, these won't be coerced, but
based on what? Will private names have a particular [[Native Brand]]?

David