Shepherd.js - Implementing Harmony modules for today's browsers

Erik Arvidsson erik.arvidsson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 14:06:22 PDT 2012

This is quite interesting. I really feel that the comment syntax is
pretty ugly. Parsing JS is non trivial but it is not a performance
issue. If you expect this to have some uptake I would expect it to use
the "real" module syntax and not rely on comments.

By coincidence I landed import support to Traceur last night. You
might want want to check it out. It also doesn't use the latest syntax
since the current BNF on the wiki is incomplete.

http://code.google.com/p/traceur-compiler/source/browse/#git%2Ftest%2Ffeature%2FModules
http://code.google.com/p/traceur-compiler/source/detail?r=f4f8788860f624ca1b02883890325cbb4ee9c1eb

Traceur does have a CodeLoader that allows loading external js files
but it is not very convenient to use at this point. We have an open
bug to allow offline compilation of modules with external
dependancies.

http://code.google.com/p/traceur-compiler/issues/detail?id=87

--
erik