Even simpler lambdas

Peter van der Zee ecma at qfox.nl
Tue Apr 17 15:12:32 PDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 10:11 PM, Brendan Eich <brendan at mozilla.org> wrote:
> ... That's a readability problem
> that I suspect would sink this if it were to get to TC39.

On the subject of readability; I believe that a worded keyword;
map(return $1+$2) gives a much stronger emphasis to "HEY, I'M DOING
FUNCTION STUFF OVER HERE" than map((a,b)=>a+b) would. Of course that
could just be a matter of getting used to it.

I'm not against the current proposal, I just still fear that it's very
parenthesized. It doesn't immediately make obvious what's going on.
Douglas had a good word for it the other day. I've forgotten it. That
fear might be unjust though and just come down to a matter of
acquaintance.

- peter