Private Names and Methods

Axel Rauschmayer axel at rauschma.de
Fri Apr 6 09:55:23 PDT 2012

As Allen mentioned, I think it would really help if you could show, say, real Java (or C# or C++) code and explain what it can do that JavaScript + private names can’t.

Multiple inheritance is where things become interesting. In order to implement some kind of mixin or trait mechanism for JavaScript, you would need the ability to copy private members.

On Apr 5, 2012, at 17:09 , Kevin Smith wrote:

> For some reason, I wasn't able to send this as an email, so here it is as a blog post:
>
> http://blog.khs4473.com/2012/04/private-names-and-methods.html

> Thoughts?
>
> kevin

Dr. Axel Rauschmayer