Private Names and Methods

Kevin Smith khs4473 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 05:32:20 PDT 2012

> IOW, OOP-uber-alles does not work and is not necessary in JS.

Yep - I'm sensing that.

Actually, I'm trying to push the "class" idea to see where it breaks down,
and I think my original point still stands:   "methods with private names"
and OOP-style "private methods" are not the same thing.

More to the point:  it seems that given the inability of privately named
methods to fully emulate OOP-style privacy, it would seem unlikely that
we'd ever want a "private" method modifier, as in:

    private M3() { ... }

It would just be too confusing.

kevin