Digraphs *and* Unicode pretty-glyphs, for arrows, triangle, etc.

Bill Frantz frantz at pwpconsult.com
Thu Apr 5 10:33:46 PDT 2012

On 4/4/12 at 23:54, ecmascript at norbertlindenberg.com (Norbert
Lindenberg) wrote:

>Besides typing, legibility is critical: ⇒, ≥, ≤ are
>clearly improvements over their ASCII counterparts, but ≠ and
>≢ are too hard to tell apart.

One thing that concerns me with using the extended Unicode set
is that I will need to shift to a larger font size to make out
the extended characters. I don't know whether that will result
in more or less of the program text in a fixed size window, but
if it is less, then having those characters in the source will
not improve program readability.

Cheers - Bill

Bill Frantz        |"After all, if the conventional wisdom was
working, the
408-356-8506       | rate of systems being compromised would be
going down,
www.periwinkle.com | wouldn't it?" -- Marcus Ranum