Digraphs *and* Unicode pretty-glyphs, for arrows, triangle, etc.

Norbert Lindenberg ecmascript at norbertlindenberg.com
Thu Apr 5 09:19:50 PDT 2012

Good point - this prettification may be better handled as a rendering option in editors than in the language. As a rendering feature, it can be tailored to the reader's preferences, font availability, and screen resolution, all of which may differ between people looking at the same piece of source code.

The way Leksah implements its "source candy" seems broken though, as the warning in the manual indicates: "Leksah reads and writes files encoded in UTF-8. So you can edit Unicode Haskell source files. When you want to do this, switch off source candy, because otherwise Unicode characters may be converted to ASCII when saving the file." Source candy should be implemented as part of rendering, just like source coloring, which doesn't introduce or remove any tags into/from the source.

Norbert