Should ... be suffix rather than prefix?

Claus Reinke claus.reinke at talk21.com
Wed Apr 4 13:32:57 PDT 2012

>> Btw, why three dots? I always find myself writing two dots..
>
> Presumably because three dots make an ellipsis, which has roughly
> the meaning we're aiming for here.

True, and I admit to omitting that third dot in natural language
as well. But in the context of JS, if I think of ... as the anonymous
ellipsis (just leaving something out, no variable binding), then
..var seems natural for the not-quite ellipsis that binds a variable,
and ...var feels too long (and too much like natural language
ellipsis, which would have no association with the word before
or after).

I'll probably manage to adjust once ES6 implementations are
more common, but I thought I'd mention it;-)

Claus