arrow function syntax simplified

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.org
Sun Apr 1 08:33:35 PDT 2012

Quildreen Motta wrote:
> You'd perhaps avoid some of the confusion on dynamic `this' by making
> it explicit that `this' is just an additional parameter passed over to
> the function — albeit implicitly. It seems to work for Python, though
> there `self' is bound at the instantiation time.

Yes, that's why I proposed it. EIBTI.

Alas to reach consensus, we minimize. This happened with private names
=> private name objects (API only, no "privat x" declarations), and now
we are trying to add private declarations.back into ES6. (I hope we
succeed.)

Could try adding explicit-this-parameterization too, but it's another
straw on the camel's back.