An Introduction to JS-Ctypes

François REMY fremycompany_pub at
Sat Sep 17 01:37:16 PDT 2011

The Mozilla implementation is probably not optimized and is intended only for testing purposes.

However, I agree with you on some points like typechecking and double memory consumption during initialization.

From: Andrea Giammarchi
Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2011 10:12 AM
To: es-discuss at
Subject: An Introduction to JS-Ctypes
my thoughts, my benchmark, and my worries about StructType and ArrayType:

I know current Mozilla implementation is not exactly what will be in but it was the only way I had to test efficiency of this proposal and performances speaking it looks like an epic fail so far and please feel free to correct me as much as possible, thanks.

Best Regards,
    Andrea Giammarchi

es-discuss mailing list
es-discuss at