IDE support?

Axel Rauschmayer axel at rauschma.de
Sun Sep 11 17:35:31 PDT 2011

> We do not want people adding guards all over their code, IMHO.

In many cases, adding type information to my code helps me to think more clearly about it (e.g.: signature of a function-valued parameter and arrays whose elements all have the same type). In other cases, not having to do it is a blessing. There are things that bother me about Java’s rigid type system, but declaring parameter types was not one of them (excluding some of the trickier parts of generics).

Supposedly, any function/method one defines will be called somewhere (especially with test-driven development). Then an IDE can infer types and display them next to the function. That should be a really cool experience.

> Anyway, we don't know have guards ES6.

Guards definitely won’t be in ES6? Or will be?

--
Dr. Axel Rauschmayer

axel at rauschma.de
twitter.com/rauschma