Feedback request: a ES spec. organization experiment

Allen Wirfs-Brock allen at wirfs-brock.com
Wed Oct 12 11:47:34 PDT 2011

On Oct 12, 2011, at 11:11 AM, Dean Landolt wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 1:34 PM, Claus Reinke <claus.reinke at talk21.com> wrote:
>
> Assuming, of course, that the exported XML is not completely
> unreadable!-)
>
> It will be, at least to humans :)
>
> But it doesn't need to be -- there'd still be a huge advantage to tossing the xml -- or better, just the doc or docx -- up to github. Tools could then poll and process what's there in various ways -- all without Allen having to do any heavy lifting. A possible side effect would be a git repo full of the post-processed results (in various forms) enabling diffing one could only dream of against a naked word doc.

The doc version of the latest stable draft is always posted at http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=harmony:specification_drafts
I can also start to post a docx version if there are people that want them.

For the curious, I've  created and uploaded html and docx versions of my experiments document:
http://wiki.ecmascript.org/lib/exe/fetch.php?id=harmony%3Aspecification_drafts&cache=cache&media=harmony:11.1.5-alternatives-2.htm

and

http://wiki.ecmascript.org/lib/exe/fetch.php?id=harmony%3Aspecification_drafts&cache=cache&media=harmony:11.1.5-alternatives-2.xml

(the ES wiki wouldn't let me upload a file with the docx extension so I changed it to xml.  change it back to docx if you want to open it with word.  Also, I note the Firefox claims that it is not a well-formed XML document...)

Allen