Direct proxies update

Tom Van Cutsem tomvc.be at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 01:36:15 PST 2011

Hi,

As a follow-up to last week's TC39 meeting, I rearranged things on the wiki
to reflect our current thinking on proxies. The previous Proxy API is now
superseded by the direct proxies API <
http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=harmony:direct_proxies>. I put my
own notes on the discussion of direct proxies at the meeting on the old
strawman page: <
http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=strawman:direct_proxies#feedback_and_discussion
>.

Work in progress:
- Definition of a built-in handler that enables proxy handlers to still
inherit all derived trap implementations, as suggested at the meeting: <
http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=harmony:virtual_object_api>

- Definition of a standard "@reflect" module: <
http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=harmony:reflect_api>
One observation I made while working on this module is that it's probably a
bad idea to use keywords as trap names (delete, new), since such names
cannot be straightforwardly imported/exported from modules. We should
probably consider using the names 'deleteProperty' and 'construct' instead.

Cheers,
Tom