modules, @std, selectively hiding/renaming imports

Claus Reinke claus.reinke at talk21.com
Sun Nov 20 02:04:11 PST 2011

[btw: http://wiki.ecmascript.org/feed.php still gives me
         url-encoded links; I thought that was meant to be
        fixed by a wiki upgrade?]

>From the early drafts of a standard library

http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=harmony:modules_standard

it appears we are headed for an import name clash between
"Object.keys and "@iter.keys" - they cannot both be available as
plain "keys".

While the standard library needs a separate resolution, this
situation is not at all untypical for module-based development.
How are ES.next modules going to deal with this? We can locally
rename an imported id, but I see no facilities for import hiding
(import everything but a handful of ids), so how would we import
everything while renaming a few ids?

Claus
http://clausreinke.github.com/
http://clausreinke.github.com/js-tools/