Alternative syntax for <|

Allen Wirfs-Brock allen at wirfs-brock.com
Sat Nov 19 10:57:05 PST 2011

On Nov 15, 2011, at 10:27 PM, Russell Leggett wrote:

> but given the overall disapproval of the exact syntax of the <| operator, I think its at least a little more obvious what is going on.

Sorry to be coming late to this thread.

I think the above statement is a false characterization to use to start this discussion.  There are some who disapprove of <| or other similar special character formulation of this operator. There are other who like it a lot.  Certainly there isn't "overall" disapproval.  However, we can't really even tell whether there is majority (of what population??) approval or disapproval.  At best, all you can legitimately say is that there is not universal approval of the <| token.

Allen