why not "new" instead of "constructor"?

Jake Verbaten raynos2 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 09:42:45 PST 2011

 [snip]

> let Point = class {
>    x: 0,  //not really needed unless defining an object exemplar
>    y: 0,
>    new(x,y) {
>       this.x = x;
>       this.y=y;
>    }
> };

Yes this is better, could we go one step further and allow for

Point.new(1,2)

to work instead of new Point(1,2).

If we just make the "new" method property create an instance of Point and
pass that in as the this value then it would solve the need for having new
<ObjectExemplar>.

This would behave similarly to selfish's .new function.

The only issue is that all code that checks obj.constructor for the link
will break because we no longer link the constructor anymore.