Choosing Globalization API namespace

Dmitry Soshnikov dmitry.soshnikov at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 10:19:53 PST 2011

On 17.11.2011 22:07, Nebojša Ćirić wrote:
> HI all,
>  we briefly discussed the i18n namespace at the meeting yesterday. It
> seems that "Globalization" (current proposal) could conflict with
> jQuery plugin, and also some members were worried about the actual
> name length.

Unfortunately I hadn't an ability to follow in detail about this
proposal (will check it later).

Anyway, the "Globalization" name itself seems too long for me (yes, we
all have autocomplete in editors, but nevertheless).

What about "Locale"?

P.S.: Having a similar module in one of my projects I used directly
"i18n" name. E.g. i18n.translate('welcome').

Dmitry.