Alternative syntax for <|

Jason Orendorff jason.orendorff at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 08:00:07 PST 2011

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 1:12 PM, Erik Arvidsson
<erik.arvidsson at gmail.com> wrote:
> One thing that all of these discussions are missing is the hoisting
> property of function and any possible future classes. If we use "let
> Point = ..." we lose all hoisting and the order of your declarations
> starts to matter and we will end up in the C mess where forward
> references do not work.

Can you give sample code where this is really a problem?

I think it's a problem in C/C++ because of early binding and because
the C/C++ parser has to recognize typenames.

In ES, the scope of "let Point = ..." is the enclosing block, right?
Forward references should work fine.

-j