with

Axel Rauschmayer axel at rauschma.de
Thu Nov 17 06:29:13 PST 2011

>> Going from
>>     P <| o
>>     P --with-instance--> o
>> is fine with me, but it’s not the directionality of [[Prototype]].
>
> I know Allen felt strongly about LTR here. I'm pretty sure I agree with him.

I might be misunderstanding, but note that in both cases above, P comes first, o comes second. It’s just a matter of how one interprets the prototype relationship (in which direction the “pointer” goes):
1. “the prototype is pointed to by the instance” versus
2. ”the prototype has an instance”

But it is possible that #1 can only be properly expressed by something grawlixy, so it might be a moot point.

--
Dr. Axel Rauschmayer
axel at rauschma.de

home: rauschma.de