with

Dmitry Soshnikov dmitry.soshnikov at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 04:09:02 PST 2011

On 17.11.2011 16:04, Axel Rauschmayer wrote:
>> Once again, it's absolutely the same approach which I showed
>> yesterday with using `extends'
>> (https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/es-discuss/2011-November/018478.html).
>
> The *only* thing new about David’s proposal (and intentionally so) is
> that the symbol `with` is being reused. So there shouldn’t be any
> surprise that it looks like many things that we have seen already.

I'd accept it if it hadn't old semantics. Moreover, it's used in some
languages (in e.g. hypothetical lang from "Essentials of computer
programs" book, IIRC).

I'd better reuse it for mixins while inheriting as shown in previous letter.

> “Once again” also sounds impolite, but maybe that’s just me.

I polite with everyone, though I don't need permissions to ask question.
If you have found something rough in my "tone", you may always ignore
it. And "once again", -- because it's really "once again", since I wrote
about in the previous letter ;)

Dmitry.