Alternative syntax for <|

Dmitry Soshnikov dmitry.soshnikov at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 11:16:09 PST 2011

On 16.11.2011 23:12, Erik Arvidsson wrote:
> One thing that all of these discussions are missing is the hoisting
> property of function and any possible future classes. If we use "let
> Point = ..." we lose all hoisting and the order of your declarations
> starts to matter and we will end up in the C mess where forward
> references do not work.

No matter, we may rewrite it with `var':

// parent object
var point = {x: 10, y: 20};

// child object
var point3D extends point {
   z: 30
}

// a class
class Point3D extends Point {
   constructor (x, y, z) { ... }
}

It seems interesting for me, since we define both -- child classes and
child objects with the same syntactic construction; only `var' and
`class' keywords change.

Dmitry.