r-proto-class

Dmitry Soshnikov dmitry.soshnikov at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 06:17:33 PST 2011

On 15.11.2011 18:13, Jake Verbaten wrote:

>     Even with adding properties to objects (which is a no-no for
>     ES.next), dynamic super is never particularly elegant. This was
>     the best solution I could come up with and it’s not pretty:
>     https://gist.github.com/1331748

Is it based on the technique I showed before? Nice :) Though, where is
the reference on the author, you cheat? :D

> If we could get away with manipulating the prototype chain at run time
> then super can be implemented as https://gist.github.com/1367167
>
> The idea of temporarily plucking the current [[Prototype]] out of the
> chain, is how I envision super should work.

Yeah-yeah, again -- we all agree that we already have nice class-sugar
for 98% percents of case in the _production_ programming. If the
standard will ever standardize it, I'd like to see the sugar, but not
the syntactically odd stuff. So, besides solving the 1-2% issues, the
syntax we need (hello, Coffee).

Dmitry.