The class operator: a bridge between object and function exemplers

Brendan Eich brendan at
Mon Nov 14 13:29:10 PST 2011

On Nov 14, 2011, at 12:35 PM, Axel Rauschmayer wrote:

>> 1. I like the more radical approach (need to ruminate on it more). Usability remains my concern for classes as sugar (the Cordova edition).
>> 2. Credit to Russell Leggett for posting this idea (I'm pretty sure) as
> Sorry to be petty about this – I suggested it in June:

Sorry, I don't see class as the dual of new, or class as an operator there.

True, others have previously proposed Class(...) or other helper functions. I'm not saying Russell came first, but I was struck by his post, meant to reply to it, and now see it in Allen's writeup. Thanks, Russell!