Minimalist (why) classes ?

Jake Verbaten raynos2 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 02:08:56 PST 2011

> Neither of them are fit for standardization. Selfish and Prototype are
> both incapable of correctly "deep copying" arrays or objects,

Why does it matter that they don't deep copy? Deep copying is a difficult
problem that needs to be standardized separately. I've personally avoided
deep copying for this reason and don't use it anymore.

One can accept that an extend is merely a shallow copy properties by
reference, because this (although limited) behavior is easy to understand.

I have a version of
Object.extend<https://github.com/Raynos/pd/blob/master/src/pd.js#L82>
that
is a "shallow own merge".

However having a deep copy mechanism that works without obscure edge-cases
would be great. Of course it would be nice if we had the choice of deep vs
shallow copy within the API.