Strawman: Decouple [ ] and property access

Allen Wirfs-Brock allen at wirfs-brock.com
Fri Nov 11 08:45:35 PST 2011

thanks, a good suggestion.

Actually they are quite different.  The dict proposal is simply defining one new data types that can be used as a key value store which is guaranteed not to have any pre-existing key conflicts prior to initial use.

My proposal, defines a general extensible mechanism that  JS programmers can use to define many kinds of new collection abstractions all of which use a consistent accessing syntax whose semantics is completely under the control of the programmer.

Allen