Are some es-discuss submissions automatically blocked?

Axel Rauschmayer axel at rauschma.de
Sun Nov 6 06:37:31 PST 2011

Claus Reinke could not submit his js-tools discussion group announcement (interestingly, I could do it for him). And the email I appended underneath my signature never got through. Can someone explain the blocking criteria?

Thanks!

Axel

--
Dr. Axel Rauschmayer
axel at rauschma.de

home: rauschma.de
twitter: twitter.com/rauschma
blog: 2ality.com

Subject: Fixing one last quirk

With Allen’s “decoupling [ ] and property access for collections” [1], all of the JavaScript quirks that I can think of will be fixed in ECMAScript.next (including, hopefully, typeof null). Except for one: solving dynamic `this` is still in limbo (as far as I can tell).

It would be really nice if it could be fixed for ES.next, it is surprisingly easy to get it wrong.

Any thoughts? For me, lambda blocks would do the trick. Will those be in ES.next? Could functions adopt their semantics of picking up the `this` of the surrounding scope when not invoked as methods? It seems like that could work in strict mode where no one expects `this` to have a value.