Minimalist Classes

Russell Leggett russell.leggett at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 07:36:39 PDT 2011

> There are many more, I'm sure, but the point is this: a syntax that makes
> use of the elements already in the language (instead of providing
> alternates) is going to be more familiar and therefore objectively more
> intuitive. Yes, the class keyword brings some new wrinkles, but that will
> be true of any proposal.

I made a proposal on this issue a couple hours before brendan's and I'm
afraid it got lost in the shuffle (or maybe it was just bad enough it
didn't deserve response ;) - I posted it to https://gist.github.com/1332028

Here's the tl;dr -

I'm basically taking Jeremy's proposal and exploring the mechanics of it a
little deeper. I attempt to unify class extends and the <| operator. I also
try to tackle the "evaluated and *copied* (details fuzzy here) as the class
prototype" problem.

- Russ