Loyal Opposition to Const, Private, Freeze, Non-Configurable, Non-Writable...

Kam Kasravi kamkasravi at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 2 15:40:31 PDT 2011

Declaring vars in a function, private vars in a class or not using export in a module often have similar objectives and ultimately is the decision of the author. For serializable data structures that are reified in various places, private is overkill and would complicate JSON.{stringify,parse}. Perhaps an author wants to keep a definition 'open' and sees no reason for private. The language should enable but not require a variety of use cases which I think is the main point here.