Minimalist Classes

Axel Rauschmayer axel at rauschma.de
Wed Nov 2 08:08:45 PDT 2011

I don’t think Allen’s proposal is controversial, any more. It’s how things work in almost all mainstream (OO) languages. I don’t see myself using `super` anywhere outside an object literal – except for a few cases where Object.defineMethod() works just fine. Do you have any real-world examples where you want to use `super` outside an object literal? Caveat: In some contexts, you need the extension "monocle" operator to make object literals viable.

--
Dr. Axel Rauschmayer
axel at rauschma.de

home: rauschma.de