Globalization API working draft

Norbert Lindenberg ecmascript at norbertlindenberg.com
Wed Nov 2 00:10:41 PDT 2011

A working draft of the ECMAScript Globalization API Specification for review at the November TC 39 meeting is available at
http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=globalization:specification_drafts

There are still a number of open issues, and the algorithms still need significant work, but the internationalization ad hoc group would like to get the feedback of TC 39 on the overall shape and functionality of the API.

We've found that it's quite difficult to reverse-engineer the algorithms to deduce the rationale for them, so I'll try and follow up with more background in the next few days.

Regards,
Norbert