Why isn't FunctionExpression a PrimaryExpression?

Jeff Walden jwalden+es at MIT.EDU
Tue Nov 1 11:37:22 PDT 2011

On 10/20/2011 09:44 AM, Brendan Eich wrote:
> BTW there's still a de-facto standard lurking about on the web that expects eval("function(){...}") to parse. I'm not sure where different engines stand on this.

No engine supports.  Gecko temporarily regressed to support it again at one point (after having deliberately disabled it), but that bug's been fixed.  I haven't heard any complaints about sites breaking (not surprising if everyone but us, and only for some releases, had correct behavior).

Jeff