Minimalist Classes

Jeremy Ashkenas jashkenas at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 07:42:44 PDT 2011

> The rest you could do as-is; the difference here is minimal, and IMO it's
> a good thing to distinguish the fixed structure from the dynamically
> computed structure. Anyway, JS has plenty of precedent for that.

Yep -- we're 98% in agreement about these, and the difference here is
indeed quite minimal. Static-bodied classes mean that users have to resort
to "prototype" property manipulation knowledge in order to do anything
dynamic -- where as Expression-bodies classes mean that the "prototype"
property can be elided in most cases. But really, I'd be happy either way.