ES parsing tools (Re: Short Functions)

Kam Kasravi kamkasravi at yahoo.com
Sun May 29 17:37:29 PDT 2011

I've been experimenting with pegjs - which generates a parser based on the ecma-262 5th edition grammar.
I've been building a backend that walks the ast to regenerate the code (less white related formatting).
The nice thing about pegjs is most of the ast nodes agree with the parser api (https://developer.mozilla.org/en/SpiderMonkey/Parser_API)
My approach is to add various strawmen and have them translated to plain javascript - transpiler approach.
I've been very happy with the ast it generates thus far. (http://pegjs.majda.cz/)