Converting an existing object to a proxy

Sean Eagan seaneagan1 at gmail.com
Fri May 27 10:43:31 PDT 2011

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 12:18 PM, Sean Eagan <seaneagan1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, I wasn't aware of that history.
>
> I'm not suggesting that default handlers or traps even should exist
> from an implementation perspective, just that they could be a nice
> specification mechanism now that we have proxies.  Otherwise we need
> to separately maintain pseudocode and ES versions of the derived
> traps.

Of course you could go the other way, and remove the default trap
implementations.  All objects could have the same internal method
implementation regardless of whether or not they are a proxy.  Within
each internal method there could be a check as to whether the object
is a proxy (has a [[Handler]]) AND has the trap, if so, it is invoked,
otherwise the default pseudocode is performed.

Thanks,
Sean Eagan