block lambda revival

Jon Zeppieri zeppieri at gmail.com
Tue May 24 19:20:18 PDT 2011

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 3:29 PM, Brendan Eich <brendan at mozilla.com> wrote:

> BlockArguments :
>     BlockLambda
>     BlockArguments [no LineTerminator here] BlockLambda
>     BlockArguments [no LineTerminator here] ( Expression )

The interleaved parenthesized expression worries me for two reasons:

- Waldemar's "currying hazard" doesn't strike me so much as a hazard
as it does expected behavior. But that might just be me.

- If the the parenthesized expression is a comma expression, e.g.,

   f{|x| x}(a, b, c)

I might expect a, b, and c to be spliced into the arguments list,
whereas, given the formal grammar, I assume a and b will be evaluated
for side-effects, and c will be the argument.

-Jon