block lambda revival

Rick Waldron waldron.rick at gmail.com
Sat May 21 07:56:25 PDT 2011

Brendan,

Thanks for the clarification on that.

I've been following the shorter function syntax discussions pretty closely,
as well as reading the strawman proposals, so please forgive me if this has
been addressed or refuted.

Given your example: b = a.forEach (x) { x * x } And the issues you noted
there, would the same issues apply here:

b = a.forEach( (x) { x * x } )

Maybe unrelated:

Is b = a.forEach (x) { x * x } meant to illustrate a general syntax
ambiguity? Perhaps I'm missing a piece of the puzzle  because forEach has a
second, optional thisArg param - how would that be included?

Thanks in advance!

Rick