Private Names in 'text/javascript'

Sam Tobin-Hochstadt samth at ccs.neu.edu
Fri May 20 05:43:53 PDT 2011

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 8:26 AM, Andreas Rossberg <rossberg at google.com> wrote:
> But how would such a proposal affect the
> Harmony side of things? Is the intention to have it replace a proper
> type of private names in Harmony, or merely complement it?

I'm not sure which proposal you're referring to here, but:

1. We certainly intend to only suggest one type of private name for
promotion to proposal.  Whether that's unique strings or objects isn't
yet clear, but it would be very confusing to have *two* versions of
private names.

2. Whatever we propose, if it ends up in Harmony, there will be a way
for it be accessible from the non-Harmony heap, and therefore the
proposal needs to work reasonably in both cases.
--
sam th
samth at ccs.neu.edu