Function syntax

Kam Kasravi kamkasravi at yahoo.com
Thu May 19 11:12:09 PDT 2011

I also tend to agree with this sentiment, despite having loved operator overloading in C++.
My reasoning is that javascript has no current operator overloading to speak of and adding
recent proposed operator syntax variations would seem to be better delegated to a transpiler of your choice.
IMHO a better approach would be to minimize operator overloading in the current grammar
and standardize an extensible grammar model/framework so that coffeescript, traceur and cousins
are more easily produced and transpiled to a simple (if not verbose) target. Having a common grammar
framework based on PEG's or something with similar characteristics (closed under composition, scannerless,
ordered choice) and standardized among browser vendors would allow far more developers to innovate
at the grammar level with the most popular or innovative grammar dialects being crafted by many rather than a few.