Function syntax

David Griffiths dxgriffiths at gmail.com
Thu May 19 08:46:34 PDT 2011

I agree with John, here, and think his sentiment is probably the most appropriate of all I've read.
For all the talk about what's "usable" and "readable", I haven't seen much mention of empirical testing done with ordinary people... (My sincere apologies if there's some usability test lab for middlingly intelligent JavaScripters that I'm not aware of).
It's worth remembering that nobody, no matter how well-intentioned, can ever really imagine what it's like to be more stupid or more ignorant than they currently are.